Reykjanes Peninsula & The Blue Lagoon
Lake Kleifarvatn spooky secret: legend has it that this 1km long lake is home to a whale-sized worm although there have been no confirmed sightings! The lake is eerie and surrounded by a jet black lavascape, black cliffs, and black sand shores.
The Superjeep excursion then takes you to Krisuvik where you can walk amongst hissing steam vents, solfataras and bubbling mud pots with the unmistakable smell of sulfur hanging in the air. You‘ll also be able to feel the power of Mother Nature beneath your feet as the ground seems to rumble.
The tour continues with visits to the small fishing villages that dot the area before reaching the tip of the peninsula. Here you will find the roaring North Atlantic and huge bird cliffs which stand guard over moon-like, craggy lava fields.
We will then proceed to the Blue Lagoon.
Reykjanes Peninsula & Blue Lagoon Safari highlights:
- Lake Kleifarvatn
- Geothermal area
- Hot springs
- Mud Pots
- Lava fields
- Bird cliffs
- The Bridge between the Tectonic plates
- Reykjanesviti Lighthouse
- Gunnuhver hot spring area
- Blue Lagoon (depending on availability, entrance is included in schedule tours price.)
This tour lasts 7-8 hours. Free pick-up from your hotel in the capital area begins at 8:30
- Pick-up from and return to your accommodation in Reykjavik
- All safety gear (helmets, harness, etc.)
- Small refreshments (soup, coffee/tea and perhaps some sweets)
- Experienced guides