Lake Myvatn Northern lights Experience
Lake Myvatn Northern Lights Experience
Is holiday package where we focus on seeing the Northern lights.
We operate this package in co-operation with the Cowshed Resort and other quality local service providers in the Lake Myvatn area.
The Cowshed Resort is a family run guesthouse, warm and cozy, built in 2005.
The guesthouse consists of two log houses with ten rooms each and one log house with family rooms and smaller double rooms, all with private bathrooms – a total of 26 rooms.
The rooms are classical and well furnished. They are designed to let our guests feel good and relaxed in a unique natural environment.
During your stay, you can choose from a variety of tours and activities.
There are several Super-jeep tours that take you to see waterfalls, old volcanoes, northern lights and/or craters or Ice-caves.
The activities include snowshoeing, Nordic skiing, Hiking, and bathing in the Mývatn nature baths. This package includes:
- Accommodation for three nights at Vogafjos Resort
- 3 x Two-course dinner
- Pick up – Drop off at Akureyri airport
- Myvatn special sightseeing tour
- 1 x Admission to Myvatn Nature Baths including pick up and drop off
- 1 x Northern lights spotting
- 1 x Adventure day with the locals
Please note that this package does not include any flights and starts and ends with a pickup and drop off at Akureyri or Husavik airport.
- Pick-up from and return to your accommodation in Reykjavik
- All safety gear (helmets, harness, etc.)
- Small refreshments (soup, coffee/tea and perhaps some sweets)
- Experienced guides