Borgarfjordur & Into The Glacier
The tour will take you to the hot springs of Deildartunguhver, which have the highest flow in Europe (180 litres/second at 97°C!), the water of which is used to heat the towns of Borgarnes and Akranes.
You will also be driven to wonderful Hraunfoss cascading falls, fed from beneath an ancient lava flow. All along you go in the Icecave; man-made ice tunnels that take you in to to the glacier, surrounded by crystal clear blue ice, it makes you feel like you are in another world.
This is an ideal excursion in Iceland for those who want to combine scenery with some action.
Borgafjord & ice cave tour highlights:
- Hvalfjorður tunnel
- Hot springs at Deildartunguhver
- Hraunfossar waterfall
- View over Langjokull glacier
- Icecave (Entrance price per person ISK 17.900.- is included in tour price)
- Waterfall in Grimsa, home of the trolls
This tour lasts 8 to 9 hours. Free pick-up from your hotel in the capital area begins at 8:30.
The tour runs all year around.
Minimum 2 passengers on Tue, Thu, Sat
Minimum 4 passengers on Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun
It is important to understand that in Iceland you can experience all four seasons in less than one day. It is vital to wear comfortable and appropriate clothing like waterproof, walking shoes, dress in layers to be able to enjoy your journey to the fullest.
- Pick-up from and return to your accommodation in Reykjavik
- All safety gear (helmets, harness, etc.)
- Small refreshments (soup, coffee/tea and perhaps some sweets)
- Experienced guides